Parents are advised to make their own decisions whether or not to bring their children to the games, particularly if there are concerns about smog or high heat and humidity.
Please sign up to receive emails regarding weather updates and cancellations.
Although we try to ensure that all games are played,
cancellations are required at times. Although every effort will be made
to give adequate notice, sometimes this isn't possible.
Games are generally cancelled due to the following conditions:
- Heavy or torrential rain (more likely in the younger age groups) which has been persistent during the hours preceding the game.
- Thunderstorms which are imminent or threatening. Lightning Policy
- Extreme heat or very high humidity levels.
- Too few players in one or both teams.
Under these conditions, a game may be cancelled by:
- The Division Convenor ahead of the game after consultation with the Referee In Chief.
- On the field by the referee in the event of poor weather or too few players.
- In the absence of a referee by the two coaches.
In all weather circumstances we try to have the well-being of the
players at heart, and ask that you understand this if a decision to
cancel during a game occurs.
At any time, a parent can withdraw their child from play if they feel the weather is threatening.
If you would prefer not to sign up for Weather Update Emails, you can check our website daily for the update on our home page which is updated daily by 4:30pm.
In the event of air quality advisories, unless noticeably poor at the field locations, the games will be played. We will advise parents of players who may have difficulties in these conditions to use their discretion as a parent whether or not to have you child participate on that particular evening. The games will usually go ahead in these circumstances.