Warning - A verbal warning from the referee to a player, coach or spectator.
Caution (Yellow Card)
A player is cautioned if he commits any of the following seven offenses:
- Unsporting behavior
- Dissent by word or action
- Persistent infringement of the laws of the game
- Delaying a restart of play
- Failing to respect required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in
- Entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee's permission
- Deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee's permission
Send Off (Red Card)
A player or substitute is sent-off if he commits any of the following seven offenses:
- Serious foul play
- Violent conduct
- Spitting at an opponent or any other person
- Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
- Denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offense punishable by a free kick or penalty kick
- Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
- Receiving a second caution in the same match.
An ejected player, coach or spectator must immediately leave the field and surrounding area. An ejected player may not be replaced during the current match. While team officials can be sanctioned, only a player or substitute may be shown the red or yellow card.