Please refer to the following information as a guide and to help make soccer safe and enjoyable for everyone. For all players:
Required Items Suggested Items Prohibited Items
size 4 for U8/U10 and size
5 for U12/U15/U18).
- The coach may help to organize snack night where players take turns bringing snacks for the entire team.
- The Ontario Soccer Association (OSA) have advised that the sports-safe medic alert bracelets are acceptable.
- The Ontario Soccer Association (OSA) has determined that the practice of padding a hard cast does not reduce the element of danger. Hard casts pose a danger to both the wearer and other players and are prohibited.
Important Information to Share With Your Child's Coach:
- Parents should ensure that the coach is aware of any special medical condition and what actions may be required. Please note: WMSA is a recreational league and coaches are not responsible for children at the field. It is the parent's responsibility to have someone supervise their children at all times.
- If puffers are used, please discuss with the coach appropriate use, to avoid overuse by players.
- Food allergies should be communicated in private with the coach so that other parents are aware of food that is appropriate to bring for the team.